Get More Great Recipes – Subscribe ➜
Share This Video-
ALOO PALAK NEW RECIPE|SPINACH POTATO WITH TOMATO (AND BEETS) | आलू पालक बनाने की नयी विधि. Spinach is extremely healthy and when combined with aloo it tastes amazing. Spinach by itself doesn’t taste that great so combining it with potato or onions or paneer, enhances it tastes. Aloo palak goes very well with roti, rice, chapatti or a naan.
ALOO PALAK NEW RECIPE|SPINACH POTATO WITH TOMATO (AND BEETS) | आलू पालक बनाने की नयी विधि. Aloo palak when cooked in onions and tomato base and simmered with spices, tastes so good. Adding beets to this recipe enhances the color of the spinach potato curry.
• 200 gms baby spinach
• 1 medium onion
• 2 small tomatoes
• 1 small potato
• ¼ small beet
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• 2 teaspoons red chili powder
• 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• Some Hing/asafetida
• Salt to taste
Recipe- Steps To Follow
• Heat oil in a kadhai/wok. Once hot, add mustard seeds, as they crackle, add cumin seeds and some hing.
• Add chopped onions and saute well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Add potatoes and beet. Mix Well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes
• Add spices; turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala powder and some salt. Mix Well. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Give it a quick stir and add tomatoes. Mix Well. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes
• Add spinach and keep stirring. Cook for 3-5 minutes without the lid. If you want the dry version, switch off the flame and serve hot.
• Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Switch off the flame. Serve hot.
• Aloo Palak or Spinach potato with tomatoes and beets is ready.