Make Bulletproof Bone Broth With This:
I Post 3-4x Videos per Week + Live Broadcasts!
Click Here to Subscribe:
Bulletproof Bone Broth: Quick Recipe for After Fasting – Thomas DeLauer
Fasting and ketosis really aren’t super, super complicated once you get the hang of it, but one of the questions that comes up a lot is how to break a fast properly and I figure this is a perfect recipe for you to know for when it comes down to breaking your fast while remaining ketogenic. A lot of people like to do ketosis in conjunction with fasting, but I also want you to know that this recipe is really good for anybody. You don’t have to be doing ketosis, you don’t have to be in a fasting protocol or anything like that, this is just a tremendous way to use bone broth and really make an awesome almost bullet-proof style bone broth latte. So I’m gonna tell you about all the ingredients so you have a solid understanding. If you haven’t already, make sure you hit that subscribe button for three to five videos per week and a ton of live coaching broadcasts.
Let’s start with the star of the show, we’ve got bone broth. In this case, we have grass-fed beef bone broth. It is very important in this case that you’re going with beef instead of the chicken, that’s simply because of the higher collagen content. One of the reasons we are using bone broth in the first place is because we want to stimulate more collagen in the body. Collagen is gonna help heal the gut because the gut gets a little bit crinkly and a little bit brittle after you’ve been fasting for an extended period of time, so adding that collagen in there can really help you out a lot. Plus the glutamine that bone broth contains is really, really good for boosting the immune system especially when you’re coming off of a fast.
Now as you well know by now if you follow my channel, I am a huge proponent of Kettle & Fire. I partner with them on a lot of videos, so their bone broth is by far the best one that you’re gonna find simply because it has apple cider vinegar in it and because it’s actually truly made from marrow, not just stock like a lot of bone broth companies say so there’s my plug for them, their link is down below so you can get my special discount on it, so beef bone broth, all right.
I’ve warmed it up for about two minutes so that it’s hot because we’re gonna need it so the coconut oil melts, which leads me to the next ingredient which is one and a half tablespoons of coconut oil in this case. I’ve already got it premeasured out. Here’s the thing. We’re not using the coconut oil for the benefit of the MCTs in this case. I mean, those are great, the medium chain triglycerides are awesome, but we do have to know that coconut oil is only about 20% MCT. The other 80% of the coconut oil is a long-chain fatty acid known as monolaurin or lauric acid, it converts to monolaurin within the body. The reason we want this is it staves off gram-negative bacteria within the gut. Remember how I mentioned after fasting your body is very sensitive? Well, your gut is even more sensitive. It’s a perfect time to capitalize on good bacteria and it’s a perfect time to kill off some of the bad bacteria when the gut is rather fragile. Plus, this coconut oil is what’s gonna give it a really full bodied taste, and of course the MCTs don’t hurt too. Those help you burn a little bit more fat.
Now the interesting stuff. Cream of tartar. Why cream of tartar, and I’ve got a quarter teaspoon of this by the way. Cream of tarter is exceptionally high in potassium. The reason we want potassium in this case when we are breaking a fast or just in general is because what it’s going to do is it helps the insulin process in the pancreas. So basically, it allows the pancreas to become a little bit more sensitive with insulin but also regulates how much insulin is produced by the pancreas. If we don’t have enough potassium, we don’t have that ion exchange between potassium and sodium, when we break our fast, even with just a couple grams of carbs, our insulin levels can skyrocket through the roof and throw us totally out of whack. High levels of insulin equal more fat gain and less fat loss, so this potassium helps os out. It puts the minerals right back in the body that we need really quick.
Then I have a quarter to a half a teaspoon of cayenne. You can go a little bit more if you’re feeling good, &&$ this stuff is spicy so it definitely can ruin the drink if you go too much. The reason I’m doing that is simply for a metabolism boost. Studies have shown that there is about a 45 minute period after consuming cayenne that you have a good boost in your metabolism.